Hello again! For my second post I though I would share my recipe for delicious and quick Chicken Pillows! This recipe is super quick, and super yummy. Anytime I have made this for a friend, they always ask for the recipe! Hope you enjoy!
1 (8 oz) can crescent rolls
8 oz pkg of cream cheese
1/4 cup butter
3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
1 sleeve of crushed saltine crackers
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons sour cream
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 400 F
2. Soften butter and your block of cream cheese. In a medium bowl, stir together until smooth. Add your shredded chicken and stir until chicken is fully covered.
3. Lay out your 8 crescent rolls on a greased cookie sheet. Stretch the crescents out just a little.
4. Place a large spoonful of the chicken mixture in the middle of the thickest part of the crescent dough. Fold the crescent dough over the mixture. pinching the sides closed if needed. This is your pillow!
5. In a separate smaller bowl, whisk your egg with about a tablespoon of water. Dip your pillow in the egg wash, then roll in your crushed saltines. I make sure my saltines are REALLY crushed, almost like a powder. Place your pillows back on the cookie sheet.
6. Cook your pillows at 400 F for about 20 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
Cream Chicken Sauce
1. Put your cream of chicken soup and milk into a medium sauce pan. Add more or less milk, depending how thick you want your sauce. ( I usually add a little more so the sauce isn't too overpowering the taste of your pillows.)
2. Heat over medium high heat, stirring until smooth. When hot, add your sour cream and cheese. Stir until cheese is fully melted, and then drizzle over your pillows!